- Scientific evidence of weight loss for at least two years
- Long-term approach to gradual weight loss
- All food groups should be recommended
- There should not be any off-limit foods
- Small agreeable lifestyle, dietary and behavioral changes should be recommended
- Regular meals
- Regular exercise
The Mediterranean Diet, Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig fulfill the aforementioned characteristics and have the best long-term compliance for losing bodyweight.
Brian Danley, CFT
"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."