Here are the key concepts you should practice daily to recover optimally:
- GET PLENTY OF SLEEP--aim for seven to eight hours per night
- EAT HEALTHY OFTEN--if you want to perform optimally, you need to fuel your body with healthy ingredients
- STRETCH OFTEN--your muscles and joints tend to get tighter with age so maintaining flexibility is essential to reduce injury risk
- GET MASSAGES--periodic massages will help your body to relax and operate in a more optimal state
- TAKE NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS--only take supplements when your diet is on track. Recommended supplements include whey protein, glutamine, BCAAs, creatine, vitamin C, and vitamin B complex
Brian Danley, CFT
"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."