Here are common excuses made by people to avoid exercising and ways to eliminate the barriers to getting the body in motion:
- I have no time
- I have no energy and I feel too weak to exercise
- Exercise is boring and I don't have motivation
- Exercise is painful for my joints
- I don't feel comfortable being around others when exercising
- I don't have an exercise partner
- Bad weather
- I always end up quitting
The important thing is to get started. Once you get started, momentum will take over and you'll begin to look forward to working out because you'll feel good and energized!
Brian Danley, CFT
"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."