- Get social support
- Reward yourself after accomplishing goals
- Gradually increase the duration of your exercise program
- Have particular fitness goals
- Do what you like doing
- Try new things
- Perform cardio exercises in incremental durations (e.g., 10 minutes at a time for three sessions daily)
- Ensure your workouts are comprehensive (i.e., strength, flexibility, balance, endurance)
- Listen to your body!
- Relax and have fun!
Brian Danley, CFT
"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."